We are committed to promoting a greener and more sustainable approach to operating serviced apartments, not only adhering to government guidelines, but also proactively taking steps to reduce our impact on the environment. As part of an ongoing campaign to make this ambition transparent to everybody we work with, we proudly present to you our green policy.
- We are currently updating all of our apartments with Energy Saver devices
generating a significant reduction in power consumption.
- Throughout our properties we use energy saving light bulbs and where possible LED bulbs – LEDs are the most energy-efficient bulbs. They use 90% less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs.
- All apartments are equipped with economical washer/dryers and fridge freezers for minimal energy usage and we are currently upgrading kitchens with induction hobs which are greener, safer and easier to clean than traditional gas and electric appliances.
- Waste from our apartments is recycled wherever possible, with cardboard, paper, plastics and glass all being taken away for reuse. Batteries and electrical items are also disposed of in the correct manner, assuring that only biodegradable matter ends up at landfill.
- We encourage our guests to minimise the environmental impact of their stay through education/guest information. Where possible we will inform our guests and visitors about the differences they can make by saving energy and water during their stay.
- We actively support a number of local charities with fund raising activities. We understand that we can make a positive contribution to the community in our geographical location.
- We actively promote a culture of environmental responsibility throughout our company through training and education. All members of the Group are encouraged to improve the environmental impact of their activities. Our environmental policy is an integral part of our induction and training programmes.
Monitoring Performance & the Future:
- We can offer our guests Eco-Cars for airport transfers, reducing the carbon emissions of this service by 25% on regular transport services.
- Gas and electricity readings are taken on a regular basis so we can continually make steps towards cutting our energy consumption, thereby constantly reducing our impact on the environment in any way possible.
- Emissions are balanced by growing almost 2,000 acres of forest which host of economic, social and environmental benefits
- We will always comply with the law in all our actions and will continuously review our policy to improve our environmental impact.
We are constantly looking for greener suppliers and further ways to reduce our impact on the environment. We firmly believe that we can continue to improve and expand our service whilst remaining sensitive to the environmental concerns that matter in the world today, and will endeavour to uphold this ethos in everything we do as an organisation.